Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Shadow & Luna Stake Out New Territory

by M. J. Joachim

Shadow and Luna know they aren’t allowed on this couch. They have claimed me, however, and it happens to be right next to my desk. Dogs are funny that way. 

Yesterday, I was typing away, doing my best to focus and get the words out before they vanished and evaporated into thin air. Luna would have none of it. She stood on the arm of the couch pawing at me like she does, trying everything she could to get my attention. I blindly patted her paw away and told her, “In a minute, Luna. In a minute.” 

Next thing I knew, she jumped on my lap and pawed at the keyboard. Startled, I laughed as I looked at her little face. That was all it took. She started kissing me all over, then promptly jumped down, picked up a toy and threw it at me with her mouth. 

Needless to say, I took a break from my typing and enjoyed the moment at hand.

Life happens, and then we blog about it.

Do your pets make you smile as much as mine do me?

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: Shadow and Luna, M. J. Joachim, ©2014 All Rights Reserved