Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Luna Gets Ready to Pounce!

by M. J. Joachim



You can’t see it, but my desk and chair are directly in front of her. It’s nearly 8 o’clock at night, I’ve been working on my computer all day, and Luna wants some attention in the worst way.

Luna is the dog that thinks she’s a cat! 

She arches her back beneath my feet under the desk, puts up her front paws and does those super long stretches, kneading my legs with her nails. She chases anything that moves, often tossing toys in the air and catching them. She jumps on high surfaces and sprawls out, looking at the rest of us like we are fools. 

Yes, she thinks she’s a cat and right at this moment she wants my attention in the worst possible way. Luna, tail wagging her little butt as fast as it can go, front paws batting at me as if I’m one of her toys, Luna is getting ready to pounce!

…and I am getting ready to catch her with open and loving arms!
M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: M. J. Joachim, ©2014 All Rights Reserved